Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Language between Genders

I agree that men and women use language differently to a certain extent. When I have observe a group of men interacting, I often notice that they way that speak to each other is more vulgar and not as respectful. When women are present, they often tend to tone down the vulgar and inappropriate language. This is not always the case however. My male cousins, for example, don’t ever really tone down their cursing and foul language around certain females they are around because they speak just the same as the guys do. When they are around some of my other female cousins, they know not to talk in a disrespectful manner because my female cousins will get offended. Women also have a different style of speaking. A lot of the women that I have interacted with seem a little more tender hearted when speaking, whereas some men are very blunt and say things how it is without feeling bad. Although I agree that males and females use language differently, I think that it also depends on the person. I have met females that can be so nice and respectful but also curse like a sailor and say what they think without caring if they hurt anybody’s feelings and I have also met some males that look as though they would be rude but have a very sweet demeanor. This is why I agree that men and women use language differently to a certain extent. As a woman there are certain things I would never say but other women would and I’m sure there are some things that men say that other men wouldn’t. I think that if we look at the bigger picture, men and women do use language differently, but it also depends on the person.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jaxfavy

    I found you post on “Language Between Genders” very interesting. Can personally say that when most men speak they tend to do so in a very blunt manor, and says what comes to the mind without caring how it comes out. That’s what I have noticed when males interact with one another. I get this theory from my teammates on our football team. When ever we talk about a certain topic or have a disagreement everyone just speaks their mind without caring how it comes out. A big difference I see in language between men and women is the disagreement battles. Women are more of listeners if they are unsure about a certain topic, but men on the other hand always have to be right, and if they are wrong they try to find away to be right. I really liked the examples you used of your family in the way the interact through their language. Very similar to my family.

    ReplyDelete