After looking at the research methodologies on table 13.3,
the one I found most interesting was Survey Research. I found this research method the most interesting because it
give people the opportunity to participate in the research. The proctor is responsible for
developing and administering the questionnaire. Once the questionnaire is
answered by the desired amount of people, the proctor is able to record and
code the responses. From my experiences with survey research, it is important
to make sure that you always ask the right questions in order to successfully
complete the research. I also enjoy the high level of interaction I get with
the participants while I am administering the questionnaires.
If I were to study deception, the research question I would
ask would be: “If you had the opportunity to cheat on your significant other
with the chance that him/her wouldn’t find out would you take the chance and
cheat or stay faithful?” I would use the survey research methods to develop a questionnaire
and ask questions regarding the topic and also ask some demographic questions. I
would compare answers from men and women, age groups and culture to find the
appropriate answers that I need.
Hi Jax,
ReplyDeleteI would have to say that I completely agree that survey research is one on the most interesting research methodologies. I found it to be most interesting because so many times as students we are given surveys to complete in class and around campus. I liked that you easily explained the components of survey research because it made it easier to understand exactly how they work. I always wondered exactly who comes up with surveys and how they decide which questions get asked. Have you ever wondered who made up some of the surveys we get asked to answer?