Sunday, July 22, 2012

Television is a cool medium.


I agree with Marshell McLuhand that the medium is a message. I think that for the most part, people become intrigued in what they see or hear. When we watch television, we are interested in what is going on and what we can visually see. Personally, I become more interested in something that I can visually see. If I am really interested in a certain show and I hear it rather than see it, I would not be as interested because I cant not see what is actually going on I would instead have to imagine it.
I agree with McLuhan saying that television is a cool medium. When I watch TV, I am interested in actually seeing the show and wondering what is going to happen. When you hear a broadcast of your favorite show, in a sense it is a bit deceiving because that narrator has to often times, fill the role of all the characters. There is also not as much action and drama as there would be if more characters were involved. I also believe that what keeps people interested is the fact that the picture is always changing and we are more focused on what is going on rather than have to focus on listening to what is happening. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job on the post. I agree and understand where you are coiming from. I believe that the medium is the message and all forms of media is effective when its comes down to sending out a message. But it depends on the topic and what th message is, some forms of media would be more effective than others. Just like you, I too prefer to see things. Watching television, etc is more entertaining to me than to read about it. I also learn faster when I see how to do things. Television is a "cool" medium leaving us viewers to fill in the details. Television is more non verbal than it is verbal and I believe that that is more entertaining. Overal, great job with the post

    ReplyDelete