What interested me the most in chapter 2 was the mental set.
Our book states that, “ a mental set
consists of a person’s beliefs, values, attitudes, feelings, and so on.” The
book also stated that because of mental sets there could be a lot of
misunderstandings. I have to agree with the book. I think that most of us will
always interpret the same message in different ways. In order for there not to
be a misunderstanding, communication is more successful when two people have
the same mindsets. A prime example that I have was when I was living with my
best friend and another mutual friend. My best friend and I never had
misunderstandings and would often have the same mentality or view on different
things however our other friend did not. We would always have misunderstanding
because he would misinterpret something I said, but my best friend would
understand it completely. At first I thought that it was because she was my
best friend so she understood me, but then I realized that he and I had two
different metal sets, and no matter how hard I tried, he would most likely
never understand me.
Hi Jaxfavy!
ReplyDeleteI really liked this post because this term I also found very interesting. The mental set is something fun though because like you said we all take in information and experiences but interpret them differently because of our beliefs, values, attitudes, feelings etc. I feel like this makes the world colorful because there are so many ways to perceive things and the more people we share things with the more perspectives we gain. I think the people that come in to our lives like a best friend who shares all the game mental sets is wonderful and supportive and a lifetime bond. I think that is just as important and reassuring to have as well as realizing there are individuals we will not see eye to eye with and that's okay too!
Great post! Thank you, hope you're having a great weekend!