In our book, the pragmatic perspective is defines as, “a
system of interlocking interdependent “moves” which become patterned over time.”
I would have to agree with this perspective because I feel like we all have a
pattern in our daily lives. Whether it be waking up everyday at the same time
and having a morning routine to start your day. My personal example is my
patterned experience at my first job. Every morning I would get to work put my
stuff down and go straight to the kitchen. My coworker who sat next to me at the
front desk, was in charge of making sure the phone are up and running. This
became a pattern over time and slowly we began doing it with out thinking. In a
sense it is like a game; one would not work without the other. I would like to
think that most people have a morning routine, we all wake up, brush our teeth,
etc. Although this may not need a partner in order to be completed, the more we
practice them in the morning, the faster it becomes a pattern.
I agree with you when you say most people have their morning routines. That is a very valid point to bring up. There are so many people to where if their mornings get messed up then it can mess up the rest of the day for them. It is a weekly pattern we all have. The more we do the same routine morning after morning, it becomes a pattern without us realizing it. There is pattern in our lives everyday even though we may not realize it. I know people who as you said have the same routine every time they go into work. I feel the things we do every day will become a pattern at one point. Great post! you made some good points
ReplyDeleteThis was such a good post. I agree with you 100 percent. Now that I think about it, I do have an everyday routine or pattern. I did not even really think about it until I did this post. I wake up every morning around 5:30, 6:00, depending on the day. I say my prayers thanking God for waking me up in the morning, then I get up brush my teeth for one minute etc. I'm not going to write my entire routine but you get where I am coming from. Great job on the post, I hope you are enjoying your summer!! :)
ReplyDeleteHello Jaxfavy,
ReplyDeleteI also agree with your ideas towards the pragmatic perspective. The idea that our interaction and communication is patterned makes perfect sense to me. Your example on your job on how you and your coworker adapted that philosophy was right on. This example shows us how second nature our communication can become overtime. Just like with daily rituals such as showering and other things, communication can evolve into predetermined thing overtime with numerous repetitions. We all have patterned interaction that we seldom notice or pay attention too. Overall, I fully enjoyed your post and the thorough examples you provided.
Great job,
-g23